Question
Posted by: hopefulj | 2010-11-25

pregnant - i think. PLEASE ASSIST...

Hi!

I was put on clomid the first time in my last cycle.

It was prescribed for days 5-9 together with estrofem days 2-12.

On cycle day 30 I did a hpt which was negative, had some spotting on cycle days 35 and 36 which stopped. Did a hpt on cycle day 38 which came up positve (about 7 after that were positive as well).Saw gynie who saw a thick endometrium on an ultrasound, but not much more. He put me on 100mg utrogestan twice daily for 10 days, and said that if I was not pregna
nt I would start menstruating 4days after stop taking the meds and if I didn''t that we should do a pregnancy test.

Dr said that I might have ovulated late (is this even possible on clomid?). Also, the ultrasound didn''t show signs of pregnancy - could it just be too early?

I had a chemical pregnancy in my previous cycle and I''m terrified that it will happen again.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

You can ovulate at an unexpected time on Clomid, so the cycle is usually tracked to see exactly when you ovulate. It could be too early to see anything on scan. You could do a quantitative blood pregnancy test though.

3
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-11-26

Posted by: Zama | 2010-11-25

She really does not need a blood test Anon. The pregnancy result (all 7 of them) are quite relaible.

An ultrasound this early will not show anything. You have to be about 6/7 weeks for anything to show. The thick endometrium is a good sign of pregnancy. Why are BFP''s being ignored? Did you take meds that could interfere with the results of the HPT?

All the best.

Reply to Zama
Posted by: Anon | 2010-11-25

and why are you not doing a blood test to find out what is going on.