Posted by: Stitch again | 2009-08-26

pregnant i am

He was crying so bad last night telling me the reason he want me to abort is because I think he is not good enough.i don’ t think he will be a good father.he don’ t want his kid growing up hating him.he says he is never good at anything he does.he is always hurting me,though he loves me.
I am the best thing to him he don’ t want to loose me.i told him I am leaving him because he don’ t want this.he says it is all he ever wanted a family with carrying his baby makes him happy,but me telling him he is not good,is starting to sink in and he is believing it
He says I never tell him how proud I am to have him as my man.or how happy I am(but I do tell him I am happy with him)
He says his mother never told him she is proud of him(I think she is,but we black people we don’ t normaly do that especially the old ones,I mean he is extending her house.he is giving her money every month.why wouldn’ t she be proud of him?)he has achieved so much and have a good job with a big company and earning more than what most family people earn.
He is very sad.
I just hope I am making sense.i cant hep it,I just find myself feeling sorry for him
And helpless because I don’ t know the rite words to say to him.
His father passed away and never told him either
I don’ t know what to say to him.he said I can never understand why he keeps things to himself.why would he do that when I talk about everything.?
Now I am afraid he might be having suicidal thoughts.
Is there a number that I can call for a counselor around my area?(Pretoria)
I don’ t want my baby growing up to a depressed father.
I just think there Is more to this than what I am hearing
He says he canot live without me.i am the only great thing that he is proud of.
Can you help us doc?
Sorry for the long message

Obviously there are dep issues between you that need to be resolved, such as this issue of him not feeling good enough for you --- see a relationship counsellor URGENTLY, and your local branch of FAMSA should be able to recommend some within reach of you.
Sounds like he has many issues about fatherhood, and father/child relationships arising out of his own childhood and his elaionship with his own father, which he needs to resolve. He may have low self-esteem, and may feel the need for people to TELL him about liking and respecting him, because he cannot sense and assume that withouit being told.
Lifeline ( number on this page ) can provide some emergency counselling, but he should then see a professional counsellor as soon as this can be arranged, with you being available to join in some sessions. Make i clear to him that you think a great deal of him, an want him to be around to be the faher to your child together, and that you are confident he can overcome his depresion and become a good father