Posted by: NS | 2009-05-27

Pregnant Duchy

My little duchy is pregnant and should have her pups around the 16th June if my calculations were correct of +- 63 days. She has started to show alot with still about 3 1/2 weeks to go. What I want to know is can a dog get " morning sickness"  as humans, as she sometimes throws up her food. I have started to give her more puppy food than the normal adult pellets eventhough she still eats it now and then with the other dogs. And also I want to start taking her temp the last 2 weeks, what is the normal temp and the temp when they are close to giving birth? We have made her a boxed off area in the house where she and the pups will be comfortable and safe and comfortable for her to get in and out. I work during the day but stay close to work. But I' d rather be at home when I notice she will be giving birth and be there for her and make sure she is in doors and not outside with the other 2 dogs.

All advise will be appreciated.

Dear NS

I suggest that you buy a good book or read up on the internet. There is just to much info to give it all to you here.