Question
Posted by: Veronica | 2008/08/05

Pregnant - conception date

I am Pregnant. I had sex on Saturday (21 June) and again on Monday (23 June). I took a morning after pill on the Sunday (22 June). My first day of the last menstrual cycle was the 9th of June. When was the conception date? Saturday or Monday???

It isn't possible to tell exactly with the two dates being so close. The scan is not accurate to within 2 days.

7
Posted by: Veronica | 2008/08/13

To be honest, yes. Biggest mistake of mylife and I really want to look forward to this pregnancy. At this stage, its freeking me out and I can' t talk to anyone.To fall pregnant, is my biggest dream come true.I' m even scared to look at your answers at this stage, but needs to know.

Reply to Veronica
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/08/06

Hi Veronica,

Well your pregnant what does it matter if conception was on the 21st or 23rd of June? Except maybe if it was with 2 different partners????? Is this why you are so frantic to figure out the conception date??

Good Luck girl

Reply to Wondering
Posted by: Veronica | 2008/08/06

Sorry, I meant my menstrual cycle is 28 days

Reply to Veronica
Posted by: Veronica | 2008/08/06

My menstrual cycle is 6 - 7 days. I did go for a sonar on the 30th of July. At that time, the sonar shown that the baby was perfect and had a perfect heart beat. Also, the sonar shown that the baby was 7 weeks and 2 days, which means according to that, the conception date was the Monday the 23rd. How accurate is a sonar??? Do they measure the baby and determine then?Will the morning after pill destroy the Saturday' s sperms?

Reply to Veronica
Posted by: Dee GTC | 2008/08/05

Unfortunately its anybodys guess. If you had unprotected sex both times then the sperm is able to stay alive up to 5 days so it could have been either day. The sonar dating is not accurate enough to determine a difference of 2 days.

Reply to Dee GTC
Posted by: x | 2008/08/05

How long is your menstrual cycle? I think conception might have taken place on the 23rd. i sincerely hope your baby is ok. When did you find out you are pregnant? Please go for a sonar that would be more accurate

Reply to x
Posted by: x | 2008/08/05

Reply to x