Question
Posted by: Lolly | 2012/08/15

Pregnant but scan cannot calculate weeks

Hi I did a home test followed by blood test two weeks ago to confirm pregnancy. I went to gynae yesterday but the scan cannot tell how many weeks i am...the doctor says it is very early in pregnancy. Please advise.

Under 6 weeks the fetus and fetal heart are not seen. Calculate how far you are from your last period.

2

Posted by: Nini | 2012/08/16

Anything before 6 to 8 weeks there isnt really much to see. It''s really just a smudge or a blob on the scan. So naturally there isnt much to go on, so I would guess that you''re less than 2 months pregnant. After 6 to 8 weeks a heartbeart will become detectable and then it will be more accurate in determining how many weeks the baby is.

Reply to Nini