Question

Pregnant but no baby-worried

Hi, i am 2 weeks pregnant but the gynae can not see the presence of a pregnancy in my uterus but the blood test is positive. Why is this, could it be because it is still early?

It is too early to see anything on scan.

3
Posted by: Lindie (Midwife) | 2011/07/25

HI Anon

At 2 weeks pregnant, you would not be able to see anything in the womb. You might see the sac but even that is only at around 3 - 4 weeks.

If your blood test is positive, I would advise you to wait until around 6 weeks before you go for another scan at the doctor.

Reply to Lindie (Midwife)

Posted by: anon | 2011/07/22

maybe phantom pregnancy? Had a friend who had it twice - tummy grew, breasts produced milk etc. or maybe it is really too early as two weeks is very early

Reply to anon