Question
Posted by: Linda | 2012-06-02

pregnant at 49, what is the risk?

I''ve already done a home test that was positive. I am 49 and we didn''t think any thing could happened. What do I do now?

There is an increased risk of Down syndrome and also of medical diseases like hypertension and diabetes. See your gynaecologist to discuss this further with him/her.

3
Posted by: Belinda | 2012-06-04

That is soooo amazing! Im 41 this year and trying to have a second baby, so you really give me hope! Good luck and enjoy.

Reply to Belinda
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-06-04

Posted by: cynthia | 2012-06-03

i would also like to hear the answer to this question.. i am also 49 but would love to have twing girls.. but i will need a surrogate mother which will have the babies out of my eggs what is the impact on raising a child at 49

Reply to cynthia