Question
Posted by: Dudu | 2010/11/02

Pregnant at 43yrs

I have missed my periods and feeling nausea all the time. I suspect that I am pregnant. I had 2 miscarriages in 2008 and 2009 and am not sure how to handle this pregnancy. With the previous ones, I started with bleeding and with this one up to now I havent had any bleeding. I really have signs of a pregnent woman. Can you recommend a Gynea that eals with older woman.

The first thing that you need to do is confirm whether or not you are pregnant. Pregnant older women are not a specialist area, so all gynaecologists will be able to deal with this.

2

Posted by: CC | 2010/11/02

Dear Dudu
I am also pregnant (I have no children yet) at the age of 43! I had 3 miscarriages in the past. I am now on week 19 and still feel nauseous from about lunch time till going to bed!. My pregnancy makes me so scared, I am scared of abnormalities, went for a NT scan and will be going on 20 weeks for an Anomaly Scan, but I cancelled the Amnio (due to all my miscarriages). I am still scared to have a child with a disability. We are having a girl. I am in Cape Town, my gynae said it is normal these days to have " older"  parents, so I think most gynaes are used to deal with this.
Hope you feel soon better and that we both can enjoy the pregnancies rather than worry about it!

Reply to CC