Question
Posted by: SLK | 2011/02/22

Pregnant and Vaginal Discharge

I am 30 weeks pregnant, I was vomiting for 3 days then my gyne prescribed some medication for bladder infection as I was once treated, I was also admitted in 09 and put on vancomycin due to my infection being resistant to most of the antibiotics, then I started experiancing a itchy discharge with no faul smell. After completion of the medication the itchness stopped but the discharge is still there. Can this cause a harm to my baby/would the discharge pass thru placenta? How can I get this cleared? if it doesnt clear can I have a c sectiion for birth to avoid complication for the baby?

The most likely cause for the discharge would be thrush, which does not harm the baby, but see your doctor about it so you can be sure exactly what is causing it.

2

I''m really no expert but go back to the dr. i had a similar sit and ended up losing my baby. God is with you dont stress just discuss your concerns and options with the doc.