Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

PREGNANT AND SCARED

I just found out this week that i am pregnant. My boyfriend wants me to have an abortion and i cannot do that . I have told him how i feel but i think he is going to move on without us - why is it men are like this??

MEN are not like this. Just as not all women are pregnant. THIS man, at THIS time, is like this. Men are often worse at dealign with emotionally charged situations, and may tend to try to withdraw from them. If he is the father, then the maintenance court will make him pay his full share of all costs for the child. But yopu say you only found out this week. He may still redeem himself after taking more time to think about it.

4
Posted by: Woolly | 2009/05/22

I understand your question about " why men do this."  It seems so easy for them to discard the pregnant mother and their baby and they' ll just move on to another conquest and a fresh, clean life without you and your baby to complicate things for them.

But you' ve seen this guy for who he is now, so even an abortion won' t change the fact that he is can' t be relied on and is cold hearted. At least your conscience can now be clean and you will have your beautiful baby. Your baby wasn' t a mistake. Imagine all the joy he/she is going to bring into your life?

Reply to Woolly
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/22

its not easy being a single mom

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/22

I agree with the response. Being a single mom is not that bad. I' ve been there and it hurts yes when the father leaves BUT that child would bring you so much joy my friend it is unbelievable! the only struggle for me till this far is the money but ag that is the case with anything in life. Let him rather leave now so that you can face it! just becareful that he does not come in and out of your life as he decides. Be proud of yourself and enjoy this wonderful experience! God Bless!

Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/21

He is just as scared as you are and men handle these things badly.

If he wants to leave you, let him. Rather now than later, but remind him by law he is responsible for your child too.

Being a single mom is not that bad. I know from personal experience.

You should be proud of your decision to keep your baby and stand up for yourself. Find a nice support group for single moms and enjoy your pregnancy and baby. You will be fine!