Question
Posted by: Jonas | 2012-02-23

Pregnant and periods. how possible

Hello Doctor

Please advise me. i''m bit confused. me and my girlfried have a baby whom was born on the 3rd feb 2012. so, it hapend that last year on the 30 december, i have sex wit other girl and the condom burst. i advised her to take a pill and she refused. so 3 days later she was on her periods and i saw that. now she tells me she is pregnant that it is my child. i want to know how possible this can be.

John M

Maybe the bleed was not a period. If you are doubtful, a paternity test is the best option.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2012-02-27

Posted by: Nini | 2012-02-23

It is certainly possilble, but in all honesty probably not yours. If that was her period, then either she got pregnant afterwards, or she was already pregnant before you slept with her, and still had slight bleeding which could ne disguised as a period.

Best way is via a paternity test, or at least for now see what the scan or blood tests say, because that can estimate her amount of weeks pregnant.

Reply to Nini