Question
Posted by: Kay | 2008/08/15

Pregnant and lower back pain

I am a little over 17 weeks pregnant and I have been having these terrible lower back pains, as if a nerve is being pinched every now and again. I feel as though the bones near my coxix need to click into place but just won' t. When I bend at a 45 degree angle, I get the shooting pain. Can anything be done and by whom? A physio, chiropracter or what? I am not keen on physio if it means having to lie on my stomach as that is very uncomfortable at this stage. Can it be causing any damage if left unchecked?
I also get the numb bottom quite often so I think my sciatic nerve is being affected anyway. Is this just something I must live with or can it develop into something worse?
Thanks so much.

It does sound like sciatica. Try a physio. There will not be any harm apart from the discomfort.