Posted by: Mummy | 2009-03-30

Pregnant and itchy

Hi, I' m 17 weeks pregnant and my vagina is itching, just below the vulva. It gets red and swollen when I scratch, but otherwise feels uncomfortable most of the day. I had a bladder infection and was on antibiotics last week, and I figured if it was also an infection, it would have died- except it hasn' t. Any idea what this could be? I' ve even stopped using soap when washing in case it is a reaction. Please help

It sounds like thrush. This can be precipitated by antibiotics. Try Canesten.

Posted by: lolo | 2009-03-31

I had the same problem, I just used vaginal cream for thrush and it helped. I don' t think antibiotics are good when u r pregnant. I am 14 weeks pregnent

Reply to lolo