Question
Posted by: CM | 2008/08/06

Pregnant and going for check ups

one of my staff member is pregnant. She will be going for montly check ups. Usually this takes almost half a day or more. Can she take sick leave for this - and on what grounds? It seems management will insist on annual leave, they are of the opinion that they maternity leave annual leave must be used annual leave for check ups.

I feel this is unfair.

please advise

Expert ImageLabour lawyer

dear cm

check ups are normally taken off sick leave.

regards
michael bagraim

1
Posted by: CM | 2008/08/06

My message is a bit of a jummble - this one makes more sense

one of my staff member is pregnant. She will be going for monthly check ups. Usually this takes almost half a day or more (public clinic). Can she take sick leave for this - and on what grounds? It seems management will insist on annual leave, they are of the opinion that we get paid maternity leave and annual leave must be used for check ups.

I feel this is unfair.

Reply to CM