Posted by: Amy | 2012-06-14

Pregnant and flu

Hi doc

PLEASE help if you possibly can.

I am 14 weeks pregnant now and seem to suffer from a terrible cold maybe even the flu. My eyes are watery, I''m tired, I have this irritation in my throat, upper chest. I am currently taking ACC 200, vitamin C and Panados according to my pharmacist.

Is there anything else I can take that won''t harm my little bean?

I really feel terrible!

If you have a fever, you will have to consult your doctor. Having a fever during pregnancy can be very dangerous. You might have a secondary bacterial infection of the throat and sinusses and you might need a course of oral antibiotics to treat the infection. Keep yourself well hydrated and get enough bedrest.