Question
Posted by: shy girl | 2010-06-22

Pregnant and eating habits

I am 16 weeks pregnant, 2nd pregnancy. This time i am watching what i eat as the first pregnancy i gained 18 kgs and was very unhappy afterwards. I am eating normally, but i find i do get hungry more often than usual. is this because i am pregnant and what i do try and do is eat lots of fruit, healthy breads or peanuts etc in between being hungry and eating meals. i am so concenred about the wieght gain- what would be a healthy weight gain during my pregnancy as i currently weigh 73kgs and 1.69m tall.

Pregnancy does cause an increase in appetite. On average you should gain 10-12 kg in the pregnancy.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-06-27

Posted by: baby boo | 2010-06-22

Hi there hope this will help, i was reading a pregnancy megazine and says that if you gain 1.5kg in a week during your second trimester and its not related to excess eating then check with your caregiver, but your weight gain should be steady with no major increase or dips, and you must also remeber your baby start to grow in earnest during your second trimester. Good luck

Reply to baby boo