Posted by: Dehydrated again ! | 2011-10-03

Pregnant and dehydrated

I am 8 weeks pregnant, i had a UTI a week and half ago. My doctor also said i was dehydrated . How possible is this ? I do drink water and yet my lips are constantly dry. Can i take sports energy drinks(eg. Energade) to replace the loss in electrolytes or am i confined to just Rehydrate sachets ?

I am not sure why you need to replace electrolytes. Just stick to water.

Posted by: Elaine | 2011-10-20

Hi there all

I was given a jungle juice recipe for some energy. I am almost 9 weeks pregnant.

My question though is that in this recipe it contains 1 x rehydrate sachet. Can anyone tell me if this is safe during pregnancy?

Wish you all well!!

Reply to Elaine
Posted by: Slippers | 2011-10-07

Hi ladies
Why don''t you come join the pregnancy forum? We are a big group of pregnant women, and we touch base almost every day about how everyone is feeling and whats happening. We share symptoms, talk about what works for us, etc and it''s a lovely group with no bitchiness.
To get there you look at the top of this page where it says GYNAEDOC in green and in the block underneath it, there is the " pregnancy chatline"  link that you can click on to get to us.
Hope we see you there :)

Reply to Slippers
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-10-07

Posted by: Kasandra | 2011-10-05

Hi There

The scan went well, the heart beat is strong and baby 18mm long its such an amazing feeling. My gynea said Energade and Powerade in moderation is fine. She actually the only thing you def need to give up is medication, alcohol and smoking. The other things in moderation is fine, even caffeine. IN MODERATION.

I am going for my blood test next week to determine my iron levels etc.

So far so good.

I find that my nauseas also starts now more during the day esp at work (she did give me something to take which is safe during pregnancy) esp driving back home in the afternoons.

My doc said morning sickness is a good sign thou ....

Good luck. Lets hope after 12 weeks it gets better.

I am not showing yet at all. Also still very skinny but that apparently changes in your second trimestor. I am very petite.

I sometimes get very bloated thou and then it looks like I am showing.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Dehydrated again ! | 2011-10-05

Yeah i also tend to eat alot of fruit and veg esp carrot sticks. Constant snacking does keep the morning sickness at bay.
I have my vitamins and folic acid after breakfast coz i know whatever i eat in the mornings stays down. I have taken to having toasted PB& J and tea. Nothing else tastes good anymore :( I have noticed over the last few days that i am fine until after lunch time and then im nauseas until bed time and i have to throw up after driving home and before i get onto bed. Are you showing yet ? I am huge and have my doubts because when i first saw a doc she said i was further along(8 weeks and 1 day on the 9 september), however the ultrasound showed otherwise (7 weeks and 5 days on 30 September). All the best with the scan :)

Reply to Dehydrated again !
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011-10-04

Hi There

Thanks, I am lucky in the sense that I get down lots of fruit, strawberries, banana and apples also some oranges, but then just bland foods like you point out. Struggle to get my vitamines down.

Always struggle to vomit so just sitting with that nauseas, so strange that you get so hungry but struggle so much to eat.

LOL also found jumping jacks help anything with salt and vinegar.

Hope it gets better.

Looking forward to scan tomorrow.

Reply to Kasandra
Posted by: Dehydrated again ! | 2011-10-04

Hey Kasandra ,
Im nauseas all the time, i have resorted to eating Jumpin Jack popcorn coz it keeps the nausea at bay. There is a tablet my doctor gave me to use for the nausea its called Asic Tab. It works but for the past few days even that doesnt help. My tip is try and ensure you have supper and never go to bed on an empty tummy coz that makes waking up the next morning worse. I tend to eat soft foods also and bland foods so when i do vomit its not painful. All the best... i had my first scan last friday and it was amazing :)

Reply to Dehydrated again !
Posted by: Kasandra | 2011-10-04

Hi There

I have the same problem also 8 weeks pregnant. I do drink powerade but limit myself to just a quater glass every now and again as I think it contains a lot of sodium.

Would like to hear what gynea doc says. Going for my first scan tomorrow.

Do you get morning sickness?

Reply to Kasandra