Question
Posted by: curly sue | 2011-03-16

pregnant and confused

i have had a bladder infection (burning urine) from sunday night,
i missed my periods and my breasts are sore etc....did a pregnancy test this morning and i am positve. they sent my urine to the lab to get tested, they said i must wait a week it could be a false positive? what does that mean?
i am having the nausea in the morning and headache.
i am now getting cramping pains in my right leg, i used to get that with my period, is it possible that i am not pregnant?
please help thanks

I am not sure why it was thought to be a false positive. It certainly sounds like you are pregnant.

5
Posted by: curly sue | 2011-03-17

thanks for the reply Gyane doc, but i am not feeling too good at the moment. i am getting a terrible cramp like pain in my stomach and the pain shot to my back and my lower back is killing me, i cant even sit it hurts......my body is sore and i am nauseas. on top of it i am running to the toilet every 5 minutes.........
is this normal? why am i getting so much pain?

Reply to curly sue
Posted by: curly sue | 2011-03-17

THANK YOU SO MUCH Nash and Purple for your help. I really appreciate it.

Reply to curly sue
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-03-17

Posted by: PUrple | 2011-03-16

What they mean by a false positive is that it can be positive really early on in your pregnancy as you are pregnant, but that you miscarry within a few days and it will then be negative.

Generally if its in the week you period is due they suggest you repeat the test.

However, if your period doesn''t start, there isn''t a need to repeat the test, just book an appointment with your gynae and he will confirm the pregnancy with a scan. They usually like you to be at about 6 - 8 weeks to do this.
You count a pregnancy from the first day of your last period so when you miss your period you are on about 4 weeks.

You''ll need to speak to the gynae about hte bladder infection.

the nausea is unlikely to be related to the pregnancy as that does not start until about 6 weeks.
The headache might be related.
Don''t know about the leg pain. Period like pains in your stomach are common in early pregnancy as it is your ligaments stretching. The early days of pregnancy feel exactly like PMS - sore breasts, grumpiness, stomach cramps - its usually the one time you don''t do a test as you are so convinced your period is about to arrive.

Reply to PUrple
Posted by: Nash | 2011-03-16

A Blood pregnancy test takes 2 hrs not a week. Go to a lab and have it done. ie a Lancet Lab

Reply to Nash