Question
Posted by: Linda | 2008/07/29

Pregnant after miscarriages

I had 2 miscarriages (first one was at 6 weeks, 2nd one was at 7 weeks). I am now pregnant and so far 9 weeks. I went to my gynea weekly at week 6, week 7, week 8. My gynea put me on 200mg Utrogestan till end August. Her opinion was that if everything is fine at week 8, we should not worry as my miscarriages both happened in the early stages. We saw the heartbeat at week 6 already, and at week 8 the heartbeat was 170 b/pm and she saw arms and legs starting to develop. My next appointment is only the last week of August for the Down' s scan. Because of this, she said that she feels confident that this pregnancy will be full term.

My question is this: between my last scan and the next big one it is 5 weeks. Should I not have a scan in between? I am probably paranoid, but I would like to know that everything is developing as it should. Or should I just try and relax and wait til end August.

You are having everything possible done, so perhaps you should just relax now.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2008/07/29

Hey Linda. I' m in the same boat as you. I' ve also had two miscarriages. One at 9 weeks and one at 6 weeks. am also pregnant again. i went for my first scan at 7 weeks and all looks well. BHCG climbing nicely and my Progestrone is nice and high and was also climbing the way it should. going for my 9week scan on monday. i' m so nervous but i' m also hopeful that this time will be fine. i' ve got major preggie symptoms which is always a good thing. just monitor yourself. if the preggie symptoms suddenly stop then maybe you should go for a scan. other then that, don' t stress. Good luck.

Reply to Nix