Posted by: michelle | 2009-08-24

pregnant after miscarriage

i had invitro done and had a miscarriage, i have pcos and after 7 weeks of the miscarriage had a normal period. Could this mean that i ovulating during that period? Also what can I do to ensure
that i get a regular period?

Dear Michelle

The menstrual period which occurred spontaneously may well be an indication of ovulation having occurred 2 weeks prior to that. Furthermore in order to maintain a regular cycle you would have to discuss this with your gynaecologist as to a large extend it depends on the severity of the PCOS. In mild to moderate cases simple dietary control may be all that is necessary to induce natural ovulation. Were insulin resistance is present the concomitant use of Metformin or Glucophage may further improve ovulatory function.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim