Question
Posted by: Mickey | 2011/06/13

Pregnant after 40 ??

Hi , im 41 years old and would like to get pregnant again, i had my last child 11 years ago. I have my period every 28 day''s and have never had any problems i don''t use any contraception at all and only started having a sexual relationship with someone now. My gp suggested Clomed (not sure bout spelling) but i would first like to get a second opinion, do i need that ? what does it do exactly ? or should i just try the natural way without drugs ? Thank You

If you are having regular periods, you can check to see if you are ovulating. This should occur around Day 14. You can either check for an egg white discharge or use an ovulation kit, If you are ovulating you do not need clomid. The main risk at your age would be an increased risk of Down syndrome.

1