Question
Posted by: Donna | 2008/08/15

Pregnant?? Abdominal pains

I had light bleeding just before my periods were due, only for 2 days. I thought this to be implantation bleeding, 2 home pregnancy test gave positive result, although 2nd blue line was faint. Went to GP, calculated that pregnancy was still very early probably 3 weeks. Ultrasound could not pick up embrio, but GP said that she can see indication that uterus is preparing for the pregnancy. Next scan in 2 weeks should show clearer. Had no other bleeding again, very strong symptoms such as breast tenderness, nausea, sleepy and tired. Last night when lying in bed got sharp pains in lower right abdomen. Not severe, intermittend, and lasted for few minutes only. Have some abdominal discomfort and am worried now. Is this serious, although the pain was not severe and did not last long - or normal? (Had c-section before). Should I wait for next visit or consult my GP now?

It does not sound serious. Bleeding would be the sign of a problem.

3
Posted by: Lily | 2008/08/22

I had a miscarriage on the 8th of July, till today I haven’ t seen my periods. I constantly have abdominal pains on the right side, at one stage they were so severe and carried on for almost an hour. I don’ t think I am pregnant because I do not have any of symptoms of pregnancy. I am not as tired as I used to be when I was pregnant but now I just can’ t stop eating.

Reply to Lily
Posted by: Nix | 2008/08/15

it' s normal. it' s your uterus preparing to stretch. I' m almost 11 weeks and still ge the same. Congrats guys.

Reply to Nix
Posted by: CE | 2008/08/15

Hi Donna,

I did a hpt on Tuesday and it was positive, so i' m still in my early days, however, i have also experienced the lower pains on the right side. It wasn' t too bad, but it was uncomfortable and a little sensitive to touch. Hopefully its normal. This is also my 2nd pregnancy, but i think i forgot all about the aches and pains you can get when pregnant.
I' m going for my first sonar in September.

Good luck and all the best.
 -)

Reply to CE