Posted by: kate | 2012-09-30

Hi doc

I''ve just discovered that I''m pregnant. My last period started on the 30th of August. Which means its probably only a few weeks. My concern is that I have been drinking quite a bit of white wine - About 6 glasses in the last 7 days. Do you think it will cause any harm to the growing baby?

My second concern is that my 2 year old daughter and I were playing on the bed about 2 days ago and she jumper on my tummy? Will the cause a problem to the baby?

If you had one glass of wine a day, that is probaby okay. Your child jumping on your tummy will not matter.

Posted by: Nini | 2012-10-01

Firstly, I am no expert but I dont think that the alcahol will damage your foetus at this stage. Most women only find out that they are pregnant around the same time as you, and during the time that they are not aware of their pregnancies then they continue life as normal, just as you have been doing.

As for the second part, I think the most important thing you need to worry about is that there was no bleeding. That is always the first sign of anything to be wrong. And besides that little foetus is so tiny at this stage so I doubt there was any damage done. You are still in the critical stage of pregnancy so my guess is that if anything were to have happened then it would have rather been a total loss. But you say that you''ve just discovered that you''re pregnant so I think you are just fine!!!!!!

Good luck and enjoy :-)

Reply to Nini