Posted by: Confused | 2012-01-31

I have a quick question. My period is usually 4-5 days long. In December my period was on the 21/12/2011.Had unprotected sex on the 31 December. On the 2 Jan I went to the loo and wiped and there was this light brownish discharge, which happened just that once. I had unprotected sex again on the 14 of January. The week of Monday the 16th I had period type cramps and nausea but that’ s just pms, cause I usually get that symptoms a week before my period. My period started on the 23 but I did not wear a tampon at all, just pantyliners, there were hardly any blood, just when I wiped, it lasted from the 23rd till the 26 January (the pantyliner was basically clean and just some blood when I wiped. It is now the 31 January and I am still having the bloated feeling, constipation and sometimes nausea and emotional, back pain and period type pain that comes and goes throughout the day. I did do a test on the 28 January but it was negative ( I used first morning urine) Any advice what it could be?
Oh by the way, with my first pregnancy 9 years ago the only symptoms I had was fatigue, I had no other symptoms apart from missed period.

It does sound like pregnancy is a possibility. I would suggest that you repeat the pregnancy test or do a blood test.

Posted by: Vst | 2012-01-31

Visit your doctor for a thorough check up and a follow up by a blood test. I suspect you might be pregnant, 9 years ago is a long time and a lot have changed in your body since then, which could explain why you are having all this different reactions now.

Reply to Vst