Question
Posted by: worried! | 2011/01/21

pregnant

Hello Doc

Pls help,I miss my period from November 2010....how many months or weeks exectly?
and is it safe to drink gaviscon because I have always heart burn.I need something to calm my gastric.

thank you.

Gaviscon is fine. You would have to tell me the exact date of your last period for me to tell how far pregnant you are.

2

Posted by: purple | 2011/01/21

You calculate the weeks of your pregnancy from the first day of your last period.

Yes, gaviscon is safe during pregnancy.
Also try eating smaller meals more often an avoiding spicy foods and don''t lie down after a meal and drink milk after eating. All these things should help a bit with heartburn.

You need to see your doctor to confirm that you are indeed pregnant and have not just missed your period for other reasons. You also need to have your blood pressure checked and your urine checked.

Antenatal classes or a book such as what to expect when you are expecting will be very helpful to you.

Reply to purple