Question
Posted by: Liz | 2010/09/13

Pregnant..?

Hi doc,

My husband and I are trying to concieve. I have been off the pill since march. I had my last period the 5th august. I am normally on a 33 day cycle- I still have not had my period- today is the 13th. I have started spotting last week thursday 9th- very light light brown. Have been exhausted esp after 13.00pm. constipated aswell. We did a hpt on saturday and it was faint faint positive- then went for blood test later that day. Sunday morning did another hpt and it was negative. Lancet phoned with results - also neg. Could it be that the hormone was too low on saturday to be picked up in my blood? If I had implantation spotting on the 9th - then surely the hcG levels wouldnt then be high enough to give positivew results?

PLease let me know what your opiton is- I still have not had my period to date. And have noticed some indigestion, and a " full"  feeling in my abdomen.. no pain really. and also get some hot flushes.

Hope you can help..

If the blood test was negative then you are not pregnant but you could repeat it in a few days to be sure.

2

Posted by: Dee | 2010/09/14

Sounds like you had a chemical pregnancy, where you have implantation of the embryo but no growth. You can google for more info. I would see a doctor if your period is still not here.

Reply to Dee