Question
Posted by: debra | 2010/07/21

Pregnant

Hi Doc im 38 yrs old and 3 weeks pregnant first baby, my cycle is 28 days , i would like to when did i conceive the baby. also when is my due date.

Do you mean 5 weeks? When was your last period?

Best wishea

5
Posted by: debra | 2010/07/26

My Last period was on the 8 June,

Reply to debra

Best wishea

Posted by: Dee | 2010/07/22

You conceived around 31st May.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: debra | 2010/07/21

Thank u ,much appreciated.

Reply to debra
Posted by: Purple | 2010/07/21

You won''t be able to tell exactly when you fell pregnant.
The first two weeks of your pregnancy you aren''t pregnant, but as you count your pregnancy from the first day of your last period, you are two weeks pregnant at conception.
When you miss your period at around 4 weeks is usually the earliest you can find out by home pregnancy test, though some brands will only show positive from around 5 weeks.

This date, plus the scan at your first appointment will help the gynae to date your pregnancy and give you an idea of due date.

You are pregnant for 40 weeks (actually anywhere between 38 and 42 weeks, but they will use 40 for an estimated due date).

You should buy yourself the book " what to expect when you are expecting"  it is divided up by month of your pregnancy and is in a question and answer format with the most common questions at each stage of pregnancy.
There is also an excellent book called " Fab Dad"  that your significant other will find useful for preparing himself and for coping with your pregnancy.
Both books are well known and stocked at most bookstores and can be found easily at second hand bookstores too.

Reply to Purple