Question
Posted by: Eva | 2010/06/22

Pregnant

I just found out that I am pregnant. My first day of my perid was the 21st of May. I have done the blood test and they say I am about 3 weeks pregnant. I have check my due date and they say I should be almost 5 weeks according to the calculations. Why is there a 2 week difference? Is there something wrong or are the calculations incorrect. Please help as I am very worried

The length of the pregnancy is counted from the last period. The blood test is from the time that you actually conceived.

2

Posted by: DeDe | 2010/06/22

You count from the FIRST day of your last cycle, ie the 2 weeks before ovulation are also counted.

Reply to DeDe