Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2009-10-08

Pregnant

I am 24w and 5 days pregnant - the baby has been breech all along, last week i went to hospital as i was having period like pains, my gynae said no infection, they gave me pethidene for the pain - and antibiotics just in case - said it could be a irritable bladder or stress. When i went for my 4d scan yesterday she said that the baby is no longer in a breech position. Could the pains i experienced have been the baby turning? Dont they only turn at a later stage i.e. 35 weeks? or is this normal ? or could i go into pre- term labour?

Wendy

It could have been that you felt the baby turning. They turn back and forth at this stage.
Preterm labour is a possibility but I assume your gynaecologist will have checked for this.