In March my girlfriend and i were fooling around and i came over her vagina.She took Norvelo.Her periods have been irregular and she has gained weight immediately.She did a prgnancy test in May and it was negative.Her periods are still irregular and her weight has still remained the same since the initial gain.Can she be pregnant and is the irregular periods and weight gain a side effect from Norvelo?

Norlevo taken as a single dose will not cause weight gain but can have an influence on the menstrual cycle. I suggest that she consults a gynaecologist for a full examination.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-07-25

She is not pregnant. Weight gain is a common side effect of the pill