Question
Posted by: SUE | 2008/07/09

pregnant

hi doc

the first day of my last period was the 20 May2008 to date i have not had my period. i did a pregnancy test last week at the doc and it was negative, however yesterday i visited my doc we did blood tests and it was positive, howcould this have happened ?
she also did a scan but could not see anything yet?
how far could I be in this pregnancy
i am soooooo excited but worried at the same time, please advise

The blood test is more accurate than the urine test and also becomes positive earlier. It sounds like you are under 6 weeks pregnant, which is slightly differnt from your dates. I would suggest that you have another scan in a week to see if anything is visible.