Posted by: J | 2008-11-27

Pregnancy when on Birth control

I am taking birth control and have had sex, we used the " pull out"  method. What are the chances of my being Pregnant?

No Birth Control method has been proven to be 100% effective. What has however been found is that the more types/methods of Birth Control that are being used in combination, the more effective Birth Control seems to be. If a person is using only the Hormonal method, and are not very regular in taking it, the effectiveness reduces radically. A combination of a barrier method (e.g. condom) and a hormonal method combined will increase the effectiveness substantially. The pull out (abstinence method) method is one way to attempt to prevent pregnancy, but due to the fact that one relies very strongly on the human factor, it is much better to use it in combination with other methods. So depending on what type of Birth Control you are using in combination with the Abstinence method will indicate the probability of you falling pregnant. The following link might be of use to you:,1510,5792,00.html
If you are wandering whether you are pregnant or not, I strongly advise you visit your General Practitioner or Gynecologist to have the necessary tests done.
You are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information:

Posted by: ABC | 2008-11-27

Less than 1%. But remember the Pill is ess effective when you take certain other meds like antibiotics, ect.

Reply to ABC