Posted by: Lilly | 2009-03-23

Pregnancy vs P-Histerectomy

Will it be possible to fall pregnant again after a partial Hesterectomy? I mean, technology has improved so amazingly over the past few years, will a synthetic uteres ever be possible? I believe that it was disgussed some or other time, because it'  s such a major aspect.

Dear Lilly

There have been numerous unsubstantiated reports around the issue of uterine transplantation with very little scientific evidence of functionality with particular reference to the childbearing capacity. At present it is not possible to have a pregnancy after partial or total hysterectomy except by means of using a surrogate.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim