Posted by: KATE | 2008-12-18

Pregnancy Testing

My last period started 23/11/2008. My menstral cycle differs every month, from between 30 days to 38 days. My last cycle was 32 days. It is possible that hubby and I concieved, as we had sex over the period I could have ovulated (I don' t remember any specific ovulation signs). Based on my last cycle, my period would be due on 24/12/2008. When should I do a home pregnancy test, as we possibly concieved on 13/12/2008, and with my cycles varying monthly, I' m not sure when I would get an accurate test result.

Try testing on the 26th if you have not had a period. You may have to repeat this later though.

Posted by: Ruby | 2008-12-18

Hey Kate,
The home pregnancy test can pick up pregnancy as early as 2 days before your period is due. I waited till I missed my period with 2 days (I had a lot of cramping and thought that my period would start... but it was cramping from implantation!). You might have to wait till 38 days to be sure, but the pregnancy test may show sooner. I went and bought myself a hand full of home pregnancy tests (they are like R16 at clicks - work just as well as the ones you can buy for R150). Then test on day 30... If negative, test again on day 32... If you get to day 40 (2 days after your longest cycle) it should be positive, if not try go for a blood test at a hospital (cost about R90). If its positive, you are pregnant. Hope you are pregnant! Seems like you might find out on Christmas day!! All the best! Ruby

Reply to Ruby