Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2011-11-27

Pregnancy test positive, now what?

I''m pregnant for the first time - I missed my period this month and my home pregnancy test was positive. It is today 5weeks and 2days from the start of my last period. I''m not quite sure what the next step is . . .

Should I see my GP a.s.a.p. and then be referred to a Ob/Gynae, or should I make appointment directly with the Ob/Gynae immediately or only at around 8weeks? And when should I have my first HCG blood test - must the GP or the Ob/Gynae request it?

Thank you for answering!

You don't need an HCG test if there is no problem. Make an appointment with a gynae for around 8 weeks.

2
Posted by: Edwina | 2013-08-13

Will the GP be able to tell me how far along i am?

Reply to Edwina
Posted by: Althea | 2011-11-28

Go and see your GP first as my very first pregnancy test showed positive when it was infact negative. I also missed my period. He will refer you to OBG at a later stage.

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Althea