Question
Posted by: Carla | 2008/10/20

Pregnancy test after bleeding

We have been trying to fall pregnant for 5 months (2nd baby) and I tested positive last Wednesday with a HCG count of 174, so it is very early days. I began bleeding Thurs night (light bleeding which became brownish later) and stopped bleeding by Friday afternoon. I would like to take another pregnancy test to see whether my HCG levels are still rising - is it too soon to go 5 days later or should I wait longer? Also, could it have been implantation bleeding even though the pregnancy test had come back positive? Would implantation not have already occured?

You could test again now. It is not too soon. Implantation bleeding usually occurs earlier.

1
Posted by: Nix | 2008/10/20

It' s hard to know why you were bleeding. If you had sex then that would explain it. you can go now for another blood test as the HCG hormone should more or less double every 24 - 48 hours. Good luck.

Reply to Nix