Question
Posted by: JJ | 2010/11/02

Pregnancy test

I went off the pill beginning of July (2010) Since then my preiod came every 31 days. I should have started on Monday (1 Nov) I took a pregnancy test today, but it''s negative. Why? Can I be pregnant but the test shows a negative? When can I take the test again? Should I be worried that there is something wrong?
Thank you.

It may be that you tested a bit soon. Repeat the test around the 6th/7th.

2

Posted by: Purple | 2010/11/02

Wait a day or two and then repeat the test using your first morning urine, where the concentration of HCG is highest.
If that is negative too then you are unlikely to be pregnant.
Sometimes stress delays a period, or if we lose a lot of weight - or put on a lot. It could be so many things. Its probably best to keep a record of your periods and length of cycle etc and discuss it with your gynae at your next appointment.

Reply to Purple