Question
Posted by: Yvonne | 2011/12/13

Pregnancy Symptoms

I had a hysterectomy 16 years ago, and now I am having all the symptoms of pregnancy. From the breast getting bigger to the tummy swelling, etc. What could cause this, or is it possible to fall pregnant after the uterus was removed?

Yvonne

It is impossible to have a normal pregnancy without an uterus. You should consult your doctor for an examination and lower abdominal ultrasound. Hormonal changes can be the cause for your symptoms and I also suggest that your doctor does a full hormone profile and test your prolactin levels.