Question
Posted by: Sharkette | 2008/08/21

Pregnancy scare

Hi, can you please advise if I should worry:
I am 11 weeks pregnant and lately I' ve been getting a strange twitching in my abdomen, just under my tummy on the right. It feels similar to when your eye twitches uncontrollably. It occurs on and off during the day and at night, lasting only minutes. It doesn' t hurt but I' m just worried as I' ve had 2 miscarriages already.

On a less worrisome subject, my gums are sensitive and swollen, they are very painful too. I struggle to eat due to this. Can I see a dentist or should I wait till it passes?

The twitching would not be a sign of miscarriage . It may be that your tummy muscles are irritable.
See a dentist about the sore gums.