Posted by: matty | 2009-06-08

Pregnancy Questions

I am 7 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to eat biltong? Is it safe to eat mayonnaise? I have a bladder infection, what can I use?

Technically, biltong is not cooked, so you should not eat it. Mayonnaise is processed and is fine. If you have a bladder infection, see your doctor to assess it as it can have effects on the pregnancy.

Halls are safe in pegnancy.

hi am 12 weeks pregnant, have eaten wet billtong,am worried if it will affect my baby, please let me know as i am worried! have only eaten it twice and not in same day.

I' m 4 weeks pregnant and want to know if it is save to eat Halls. I stopped smoking and at this stage Halls help to keep down my craving for cigarettes.

Posted by: Anon | 2009-06-08

Hi Matty,

i am not the doc, but when i was pregnant with my first and only(so far) i read a lot of books and i was really happy to find that i could eat biltong!!!! i love it !!!! but they say not to eat too much, only like a hand full for a day but be careful of chilli bites, i love my chilli bites but when i was pregnant i had some one day and i had really awfull heartburn, so i think its no harm to enjoy a little biltong and i dont know about the mayo, lets wait for the docs replay

best wishes

Posted by: Wafeeka | 2009-06-08

Can I join your medical aid if I' m 2 months pregnant?

Reply to Wafeeka