Question
Posted by: CE | 2008/08/18

Pregnancy Questions

Hi Doc,
I hope you can kindly advise me. I' m only a couple of weeks pregnant. Haven' t been for my first sonar (going on the 9th of September), so i' m not exactly sure how far along i am, but would like to know the following:

1. Is spotting after sex normal? When is it considered normal bleeding and when should i be worried?

2. I am currently only taking folic acid. Should i start with a multi-vitamin too or is it only necessary from 3 months?

3. I' ve just joined the gym. What sort of exercise can i do? I am currently doing light cardio and would love to do some swimming as well. Will that be ok? Should i keep my heart rate below a certain reading or doesn' t it really matter?

4. My skin is itching like mad. I bath in oil at night and apply cream in the morning. Is there something else i could use, which will also contribute towards preventing stretch-marks?

5. With my first pregnancy I was induced at 39 weeks due to little amniotic fluid. 19 hours later and no dilation, my doc decided to do a caeserian. Will i need to have a caeserian again or can i try natural?

6. I' m going on a cruise holiday in Dec and would like to know if sun-bedding is safe during pregnancy? If not, will spray-tan be safe?

Thank you for your time and advice.
CE  -)

1. It isn't really normal. Perhaps you should avoid sex till you are sure of the wellbeing of the fetus.
2.The folic acid is the most important thing. You can take a multivitamin if you like, but it is not essential
3. If you are used to exercise, it is fine to continue. Keep your heart rate below 140/min.
4. Try Bio-oil.
5. It is too soon to say whether you will need a caesarean. This is decided later in the pregnancy.
6. Because of the changes in pigmentation, it will probably be best to avoid sunbeds or tanning solutions.

1
Posted by: martie | 2009/04/20

6 weeks pregnant. what is the causes. can it harm my baby, can my baby be a mongal baby.

Reply to martie