Posted by: Anon | 2012-12-03

pregnancy pains

I am about 13 weeks pregnant, only seeing my doc again next week for a check up.

Started experiencing some lower/mid back pains last night to the extent that I couldn''t stand anymore. Putting pressure on the spot seems to alleviate it a bit. It''s worrying me because it feels like it might be coming from my kidneys. Have no troubles going to the loo and urine looks and smells normal. Are these normal aches and pains or should be I be concerned?

I suggest that you consult a doctor as soon as possible to rule an urinary tract infection out. In the interim, you can use Panado to alleviate the pain and place a warm compress on your lower back. If you do have an urinary tract infection, it is of utmost importance that you get treatment.