Posted by: Tamzyn | 2010-02-23

pregnancy pain

I am 18 weeks pregnant. I woke up at 4:30 on friday and that was the last time I slept, because of the backache...

I know backache is normal during pregnancy and that it sould be monitored if there is any foot swelling.

But it felt like there was a vertical drawstring in the left lower portion of my back and every few minutes it would be pulled and for that time (just a few seconds) I felt paralysed (couldn''t even breathe).

is this normal? for pregnant ladies?

See below

Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-02-26

See below

Posted by: Dolphin | 2010-02-23

Hi Tamzyn

I think if your backache is that bad you should contact your doctor or ask you hubby to massage your back for you while you are lying on your side.

I went for an MRI last year and there are black parts on my spine, and I also found out that I am pregnant, so just try and breath slowly take deep breaths if you start to panic then you will have trouble breathing. Not good.

Reply to Dolphin