Posted by: Anon | 2009-04-07

Pregnancy not sticking

I have gotten pregnant twice this year then HCG levels don' t rise and I lose the pregnancy. What is causing this? I have another child but my gynae gave me progesterone at the beginning of that pregnancy, should I ask my new gynae for this? What' s wrong with me?

Dear Anon

It would be very difficult for me to ascertain the cause as to why you have had two early pregnancies losses. One of theses causes would be a low progesterone level early in pregnancy. As you have had this problem before and have used this with a continuation of a successful pregnancy it would be wise to use progesterone early in your next pregnancy as well. If despite the use of progesterone you still have a third pregnancy loss then I would suggest a full investigation for recurrent pregnancy failure should be undertaken.

Answered by: Dr Y.M. Dasoo

We have lost a baby in Sep 08, due to our chromosones clashing as per my gyne and our blood groups are the same -B, we have been trying to fall pregnant ever since, what would be the procedure regarding our blood groups and what can we do to fall pregnant again soon. Please Help

my friend had an abortion at her early age and was six months preg at that time,now she cant catch she keeps on loosing the baby but at an early stage.