Posted by: Cas1 | 2009-01-07

Pregnancy lubricants

What lubricant (name/brand) can be used to aid sperm mobility (low sperm count) as we are trying to fall pregnant? I have read a recent article on conceivEase and received a anonomous response to a product called Preseed. Please help.

Dear Cas1

Sperm mobility/motility and low sperm count are two very separate and distinct entities and have to be managed accordingly. The lower sperm count maybe accompanied by low sperm morphology (high percentage of abnormal sperm), which may further complicate matters. I would suggest that you supply me with more detail information on the actual sperm parameters for me to assist with the correct advise. In general, commercial products, which claim to improve sperm count and motility, are usually ineffective in the moderate to severe sperm abnormality problems.

Answered by: Dr. M. I. Cassim