Posted by: Wal Walun | 2010-11-30

Pregnancy issue

Good day,it was in April last when my 4 months pregnancy ended with a miscarriage,until now i cant get pregnant,i really dont know what to do again, i have seen so many doctors &  had a problem with my menses. I recently saw another doctor that prescribed a contraceptive for 3 months,i was wondering what''s the contraceptives for again, i thought i said i need to get pregnant?
Pleaseeeee kindly help me.

Dear Wal Walun

The use of a contraceptive pill may be to regulate your cycle and thereafter to hopefully restore ovulation. This is particularly commonly done in with patients with polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). However it is not always necessary to use 3 months of the pill as in most cases one can get away with a month of usage and follow that immediately with ovulation induction if required. It is also important to use some form of ovulation monitoring so as to predict when you are about to ovulate and to have intercourse at the appropriate time.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim