Question
Posted by: Amy | 2009/11/10

Pregnancy in 30' s

Hi there,

Is it true that pregnancy during your 30' s carries more risk?

My partner and I have been contimplating having children in the next few years. (We would like to have 2 children.)

I am currently 28 years old, and would prefer to start trying for a baby sooner rather than later, I would like to at least have one child before I hit the age of 30. My partner however would prefer that I fall pregnant when I am 31 - 32 years of age.

This is seriously hurting my feelings, however, emotions aside... I would like to know if leaving pregnancy for later in a woman' s life is still safe, wise etc...
I have read many articles which state that it carries more risk, but is this true?

Please help! I am so scared that by leaving it too late in my life that I might have problems conceiving or carrying a child.... or worse not be able to conceive at all.

PS Are there any tests that can be done to check if all is okay with my reproductive organs, that will perhaps give me a clean bill of " baby-making-health"  for the next few years?

It is only after 35 that you need be concerned.
You could have a gynae examination, which would exclude many problems.You could also have tests to check that you are ovulating. This does not guarantee that everything else is normal though.

3

Posted by: woman | 2009/11/10

Hi Amy

one thing you should know is, you are the only one who can control having a baby or not. if you want a child why must he ok it. you make a baby and when he asks you tell him you wanted to have one and you did it, if he wants to leave then he was gonna leave anyway, if you are ready then why not?

Reply to woman
Posted by: Zit | 2009/11/10

Sweety, do not stress yourself too much. I fell pregnant at age 31 and gave birth at 32. My baby is now 4 months and 3 days. I asked my gynae if it was risky at my age, he said no. I used to go to the gym and I lost all my baby weight within the first 4 weeks. I hope it all goes well for you. Good luck

Reply to Zit