Question
Posted by: Sophia | 2010-04-07

Pregnancy Headache Help

Dear Doc

I‘ m 10 weeks pregnant and suffering from terrible headaches/ migraines from time to time. I know that they are a common symptom and am trying remedies like taking a bath, making sure my blood sugar stays stable, resting in a dark room etc etc. (I used to get similar headaches on the Yasmin during my period)
On 2 occasions I have felt completely helpless and been totally unable to break the pain. Am I allowed to take paracetemol to help? This is my first pregnancy with no foreseen increased risk.

Thanks so much
Sophia

Paracetemol is safe in pegnancy.

3
Posted by: TJ | 2010-04-09

i had that in my last pregnancy, i was early days though. i just used vicks on my temples and a cold wet cloth and lay with curtains closed. it took a good few hours but eventually went away. with my first preg i had terrible migraines and did the same but its really horrible.

Reply to TJ
Posted by: Lia | 2010-04-08

Hi sophia, I am 17 weeks and for the last 4 weeks I have been taken panado (my doctor says I can take 2 every 6 hours) although I try to take one at a time only. I know the feeling when it just doesnt want to go away.

Reply to Lia
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-04-08

Paracetemol is safe in pegnancy.