Posted by: Help | 2009-07-06

pregnancy eating plan

Hi Dr

I am currently 7 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby
With my 1st I weighed 50kg before - picked up 30 kg and lost 32 within 6 weeks of his birth. With my second I weighed 62, picked up 11 and it took me 2 and half years to loose 8kg.

I am now 65kg. I want to eat right and healthy this time to ensure the baby gets the optimum nutrition but also so that I wont pick up too much " bad"  weigth that I will struggle to loose.

Most information I could google only gives you a eating plan for 1 day. I need one for at least a few days to a week to give some variety.

Could you help?

Dear Pregnancy Eating Plan
Congratulations on your 3rd pregnancy. I would recommend that you consult a clinical dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area), so that the dietitian can assist you with a balanced eating plan during your pregnancy which will prevent you from gaining excessive weight, but still provide all the nutrients you and baby require. Click on 'Diet' at the top of this page and then on 'Eating throughout life' and read the articles on "Pregnancy" to obtain additional information.
Enjoy your pregnancy

Posted by: Pregnant with my 3rd | 2009-07-08

I am now 23 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby. I joined Weigh Less when I was 9 weeks pregnant as they have an excellent pregnancy plan which you can follow. This plan allows you a lot of food and you only pick up the required amount of weight - nothing in excess. I have actually lost overall and I' m still losing little bits each week. Baby is growing well, getting enough food and is actually a week bigger than he should be - so I' m happy.
Good Luck!

Reply to Pregnant with my 3rd