Question
Posted by: Jenn | 2010/07/12

Pregnancy discomfords and when to worry

Hi doc

I''m 27 weeks pregnant now and my baby and bump is not very big, but I have other discomfords which I don''t know how to deal with. It is very hard for me to walk around, even in the office and I don''t go out on lunch anymore since I get too tired easily. Also I feel like can''t breath and my tummy is so stiff it feels like it is going to burst which makes me quite uncomfortable the whole day. When I get home after work I am exhausted and then have to cook and look after a two year old as well. By bedtime I feel awful. My husband really helps a lot but I feel like I''m still a nag and don''t want him to think I''m lazy to let him do all the work in the house. I feel guilty and help hiim but it is very hard for me. The reason why I also feel like I need to help is because my first pregnancy was such a breeze. I was swollen up very badly but not even that was as hard as what I''m having now. I was able to do absolutely anything. Now I can''t even walk around in the shops without feeling awful afterwards. A weekend at home with my two year old is also very " painful"  for me. I can''t cope with him. Should I be concerned about any of this? I''m seeing my doc again end of this month but he is on leave at the moment and don''t want to call him if not necessary. I''m in front of my PC most of the day at work so I''m not overdoing it at work, but I just feel very very uncomfortable. I''m so scared for premature labour because it has happend to two ladies who work with me here.

The tiredness is normal. You can try takng multivitamins. If you feeling tightenings of your stomach which come and go, i.e. contractions, then you should have this checked out. If it is just general bloating, then it is probably not necessary.

1